Lose weight with these five Detox drinks
In the market, there is a bunch of junk food, which obviously is unhealthy. Teens and even grown adults over-eat these unhealthy products which create unnecessary fat and make these kids obese. Obesity has never been good for a long lasting life because it not just causes fat to accumulate but there are various life-threatening consequences of it. Out of everything, some of those consequences are mentioned below:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart diseases
- Gallbladder diseases
A lot of unnecessary weight must be lost to live a long and healthy life. That's why, "detox drinks" should be included in one's diet with such unhealthy fat. But, let's say that a healthy diet is more crucial than just these drinks to lose weight.
Here, we are going to know about five "detox drinks" to lose weight and how to make them at home.
1. Lemon and Mint Detox Water
Mint and lemon both have a variety of benefits including digestive benefits, heart health, weight control, prevention of kidney stones and many more. Both of these can help one control his/her weight, so let's see the recipe!
Recipe: (3-4 refills)
- Mix ½ lemon, 4-7 mint leaves, 1 cucumber, 2 thin ½ slices of ginger (everything sliced) and filtered water.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to chill.
- It's ready to drink now!
Remember not to put too much mint or lemon as both have their own side-effects. Also, this Detox Drink will keep you energetic throughout your day and make your skin glow too.
- Cucumber Detox Water
Cucumber is known around just for its hydrating properties but did you know that it can also help one lose weight? Here is why it's in this list.
It's a low calorie which makes nobody gain any weight. It has negligible sugar. Because of the presence of antioxidants, it helps with bone support, lowers blood pressure and acts as a detoxifying agent. It's also beneficial to someone with constipation. Dehydration can cause inflammation, and in that case, you know what's beneficial!
- Add sliced cucumber, lemon and mint to water and let it be in the refrigerator for an hour for the flavors to blend and make it icy and chilled.
Remember not to keep this Detox Drink more than one day, not even in the refrigerator. If the ingredients are strained out and then only the Detox Drink is kept in the refrigerator, it can be kept for up to two days.
- Apple and Cinnamon Detox Drink
Filled with nutritional values, both of these ingredients are one of the best to manage your weight. Along with weight, both of these are very beneficial to improve and maintain brain health. Apple lowers the risks of chronic conditions while Cinnamon is a great remedy for toothache. Cinnamon is majorly helpful for old-age people who have been going through mental health issues.
Benefits of Apple-Cinnamon Detox Drink
- Mostly it's beneficial for menstruating women as it reduces menstrual cramps. It also increases the energy levels of the consumer.
There are two methods to prepare the Apple-Cinnamon Detox Drink: Boil and No boil.
- Boil the water and then reduce to low heat and let it simmer.
- Slice the apples in thin pieces and add them and cinnamon to the simmering water.
- Let the water be for 45 minutes and then put it to cool down.
- Strain water into a container and enjoy the Detox Drink as you want.
- Follow the same method except boiling the water and let the mixture sit for 1-2 hours and then refrigerate and enjoy.
Remember not to eat cooked apples in the boil method. The apples can be eaten in the no-boil method or can be reused for the next time one prepares the Detox Drink. Also, the boil method drink can be put in the refrigerator to chill. In addition to the nutritional value of this Detox Drink, after preparing it by the boil method, your house will smell real good.
- Grapefruit Detox Drink
Rich in fiber and antioxidants, grapefruit helps prevent heart diseases and strokes. Also, because of the same nutrient properties, the fruit helps in weight loss. The Detox Drink helps in weight loss and cleanses the internal system.
Recipe: (3 servings)
- Mix 1.5 cup grapefruit juice, 2-3 cups of water, 3 teaspoons of ginger juice, 6 teaspoons of honey (optional), a pinch of black salt, and 15-18 mint leaves roughly torn together.
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Orange Detox Water
Oranges are high in fibre and rich in Vitamin C, which makes them real healthy for skin and due to high fibre, they are also great for weight loss and healthy bowel movement. Orange is also a great source to boost your immune system as it removes toxins.
- Mix slices of an orange, 8 fresh mint leaves, and 2½ cups water.
- Let it sit and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours for the flavours to blend together.
Remember, the longer you let the mixture sit in the refrigerator, the greater the taste would be.
A few tips:
- Don't keep any of these longer than one day without the ingredients being strained out. If the ingredients are strained out, the drinks can be kept for a maximum of two days.
- Keep them in the refrigerator because they are prepared from natural ingredients and don't contain preservatives added to them.
This summer, enjoy these detox drinks with various health benefits!